A Village Hall Wedding in the heart of the Lake District - an unforgettable experience
Premier Community Venue
Threlkeld Village Hall is one of the premier community and social venues in the Keswick area. A traditional exterior masks state of the art accommodation and facilities inside, including a modern Coffee Shop with stunning mountain views.
The Hall is especially suitable for wedding receptions, parties and similar private social functions. Key facilities include:
- The Main Hall approx. 15m x 7m available 24 hours a day; and an adjoining room approximately 9m x 5.5m available after 5.30pm
- High quality wooden floor.
- A built in AV system and ceiling mounted projector
- Wifi throughout the building
- Fully equipped kitchen linked to hall by serving hatch
- Good access for disabled people, wheelchairs, pushchairs etc.
- Toilets and showers for men & women plus a shower accessible by the disabled, baby changing
- Free car parking for Hall users.
Major advantages are:
- a prime location with spectacular views in an attractive and popular part of the Lake District
- top quality facilities – warm, welcoming, accessible
- clients can make their own catering arrangements to suit their tastes and budget; unlike almost all hotel and similar venues where catering is integral with the venue hire
- reception and “evening do” in the same location
- excellent AV facilities for speeches, Skyped messages (the Village Hall has good wifi connections), DVD player, stage lights, staging
- licensed for sale of alcohol so no need to apply for a license
- reasonably priced.
The Basic Package
Our basic package covers:
- Use of the Main Hall from 8.00am until 1.00am and the Coffee Shop area from 5.30pm until 1.00am on the day of the reception. (However, music must stop at midnight)
- Access to Main Hall on the preceding day, from 2pm – midnight for setting up and on the day following the reception from 9am – noon for clearing up
- Up to 120 blue chairs (chair covers if needed must be organised separately by the client)
- Crockery and cutlery for up to 80 settings
- Tables to accommodate up to 80 seated guests, including five round tables; 10 large rectangular tables and 16 small tables and chairs as required for an evening party or similar
- Use of the Hall kitchen from 8.00am onwards on the day of the reception for catering
- Use of the Village Hall premises license to allow sale of alcohol.
- Tablecloths (by arrangement only)
Making a Booking
Please note a 50% deposit is required at the time of booking. The remaining balance and £200 refundable damage & cleaning deposit is due 6 weeks prior to the booking date.
The Village Hall is not licensed for weddings or civil ceremonies, but you could solemnize your marriage/partnership before your reception. The nearest Registry Offices are in Penrith and Cockermouth. There is a beautiful Church in Threlkeld which may be available if you are looking for a church service.
If you are interested in a wedding reception or similar scale event, contact the Bookings Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements and options. Ideally you should visit, have a look round and explain exactly what you have in mind so that we can respond in detail and give you a price.